So according to a Richard & Judy exclusive yesterday afternoon, Channel Four will be screening a new reality show from early December. What makes this one stand out from the crowd is that the programmers are attempting to dupe the contestants into believing that they have been blasted into space.
Apparently the details are all still very hush-hush, but the premise is that they have been taken to a Russian space centre for training (away from any possibility of hearing news from the outside world) and will eventually be launched in a shuttle into the cosmos.
I'm sure that with decent simulators (which I imagine would be a cross between the Star-Tours ride in Disneyland and the centrifuge in Moonraker) that the effects of launching into space could be replicated to a believable degree.
However, just how do they intend to simulate the zero gravity effects of a free-fall orbit once they are 'up there'?
We are told that the entire time they will be firmly on the ground in a Capricorn 4-style studio somewhere in the midlands. I'm therefore ruling out any likelihood of aircraft being cunningly employed.
Or maybe...just maybe...the producers have bought in some kind of crazy Tesla-Keely antigravity technology purely for our amusement.
I live in hope.
5 comments:
In a moonraker stylee, the space station could rotate to create an Artificial Gravity.
Of course, this doesn't work, as they would either stick to the walls or throw up due to motion sickness.
But if you wanna be on a Reality Show, you probably don't realise there is no gravity in outa space.
If they do pull this off - and assuming the victims, er, actors, er, participants really, truly buy-it and don't just fake like they did - would it strengthen those 'net rumors about us never having been to the moon and it all having been a big put on?
In that case, they didn't even have to make the astronauts believe they were anywhere - here they have to make the participants think they have. So how hard could it be to convince people they've seen what they haven't really seen?
Oooh, weird . . . .
And now that I've had to google around about the moon hoax subject - because studying is for losers - here's a site from your country that seeks to debunk the debunkers' debunking.
http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/
They are getting over the issue of weightlessness by telling the peeps that the occurance only happens in Deep Space but as they are only going to pop out the otherside of the atmosphere then they the aforementioned effects will not occur.
Saying that I still can't be buggered to bother watching it!
I just hope they flame up their jumpsuits for re-entry!
Post a Comment