There seems to be a new service on offer down at Doris' shop.
Just the other day when I returned to pick up a pork pie that had been inadvertently left on the counter, I was given the option of handing over my pie to Dave who would take it round back, chop it up and give it a dose of pickle. Hmmm. I declined on that occasion as soon as I realised that he was serious.
Again today as I went to pay for my scotch-egg based luncheon came the question "do you want it pickled-up sir?"
I said thankyou but no, and that I was sure that one day I would give in to the pickle. The thought of working through a bag of pickled maltesers loses them their appeal.
"Whenever you're ready" came the reply as I let the door spring shut behind me.
1 comment:
2 posts in such a short amount of time? crazy!
Post a Comment