Monday, September 11, 2006

Staying one step ahead

I see that there are plans afoot to record audio and video of passengers on planes in the future (including monitoring in the toilet!) in a quest to create a hijack proof aeroplane. Nice idea but in a system designed to spot unnatural behavious, doesn't this kind of surveillance simply lead to unnatural behaviour? I can already spot ways around this with the vast array of technology and gadgets available today. A blanket jamming/interception of any wireless signals (bluetooth, IR etc) would surely be required too? Surely extrapalating the trends of security leads to everyone being monitored all the time. Which I think is kinda bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that the system works by taking a picture and then on measuring the distance between the eyes compared to the overall width of your head.

Therefore ascertaining if you're a shifty looking bugger and should be carried off to a small room for half an hour!

Anonymous said...

good grief, there's nothing about me on a plane that looks non-shifty and suspect on a plane, what with my wide-eyed face of panic and unadulterated fear.

oh well.

Anonymous said...

"extrapOlate" don't you just hate pazzers?